Friday, September 5, 2008

One thing at a time...

So we moved into our apartment about 3 months ago and we are still putting things together. Our bedroom has been driving me crazy becuase we still have nothing on the walls and our carpet has been covered with stuff that we had no storage space for. So we finally cleaned everything out last Friday and we can actually see our floor now!

I have so many ideas for our place but since everything costs money, I have one thing at a time. So about a year ago, I found this idea for shelves on HGTV's website. I was dying to recreate the shelves in my apartment. So I went to Ikea and bought the three shelves for about $15/each (not too bad). Then I went to Michaels, Target and Aaron Brothers for frames and decorative things to put on my shelves. I decided to get all the pictures developed in a sepia tone to match the picture I saw on-line. Even though my shelves look a little different, I think they turned out great. The cool thing is, as the season's change, I can change the look around. I can't wait to decorate them for Christmas!
These are the shelves I saw on HGTV
These are the shelves I did
The next thing I saw while out and about was this little bookshelf at Ikea. I absolutely loved it! So I bought the shelf and the A and Z letters and recreated it in our bedroom. I still need to get some more books to fill the shelf but I think its looks cute. I think they would look so cute in a baby's room too...so when we do have kids, we can move the shelves in the baby's room and put baby books on them.
Shelves at Ikea
My shelf
I will post some more pictures of our apartment as things continue to come together one thing at a time....

0 comments: