Thursday, September 18, 2008

Georgia on my mind

Sara's Grandma's house

Sara's Aunts HouseSara and Mike's dream house






Little Five Points



Centennial Olympic Park

Last weekend I flew to Georgia to visit Sara. I got there Wednesday night around 12:30am. We had so much fun hanging out together. On Thursday, we took a walk through her Grandma's neighborhood and I got to see all the beautiful houses. Her Aunt lives right across the street so we had a bbq with them one night which was a lot of fun. I got to meet her boyfriend Mike, who is an awesome guy. He hung out with us most of the time and kept us laughing. Friday night, we saw a play (Steel Magnolias) in Dalonega, which is a small town about 25 minutes from Sara's house. There was a cute little General Store, a museum, an ice cream parlor and a bunch of little antiques shops. Saturday, we went to the dam where the river and lake meet and it was beautiful! Everything in Georgia is surrounded by trees.We walked through the park and put our feet in the water, which was freezing cold! We ate some great food at places like Taco Mac, Corkscrew Cafe and Waffle House (where our waitress was about 350 pounds and missing teeth!). On my last day there, we went into downtown Atlanta to the Coca-Cola museum. Of course I loved learning about the history of Diet Coke...my favorite thing in the world! We took a bunch of pics and got to try Coke from all around the world. We drove through the city and I got to see Braves stadium, Olympic Centennial Park, and Little Five Points, which is a neat little artsy town. We had so much hanging out together and I was so sad when I had to get on the plane to come back home. I miss her already and I can't wait until she comes out for my wedding in June. Love you Sara...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a awesome time with Sara... you sure did alot for just four days. Those homes are so beautiful!